Addressing Joint Pain and Muscle Aches
It’s frustrating when the body that used to get you through an entire day starts to feel like it’s breaking down. You’re now achy and sore and feel like there’s always a new pain developing. Joint pain and muscle aches are often rooted in inflammation but can share so even more surprising roots such as stealth pathogens, mold, poor gut health, and food sensitivities.
Common Causes of Joint Pain and Muscle Aches
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Chronic Infections such as Lyme, Hepatitis, Mycotoxins, EBV
- Food Sensitivities
- Poor gut health
- Stealth Pathogens
- Stiffness in joints or muscles
- Aches in joints or muscles
- Dull pain
- Hot and throbby joints
- Pain may be better with movement, or worse with movement, depending on the underlining cause.
- Overall soreness
- Occasional use of anti-inflammatory medication
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Staying active, stretching
- Warm epsom salt baths
How Healing is Different with Us:
I don’t look at the body as a series of broken parts, instead, I evaluate you as a whole. If you’re developing aches and pains, I want to find out why. I determine this through evaluating your diet, inflammatory markers, and labs, and determine what needs to be addressed to appropriately alleviate your discomforts. I never suggest a bandaid approach when it comes to healing.
- Standard Blood Work
- Functional Labs
- Review of Diet
- Determining if there is an underlining stealth pathogen, mold or food sensitivity contributing
Once I’ve done some digging, I create an individualized protocol to help you heal. This may include diet and lifestyle modification, acupuncture, contrast hydrotherapy and/or supplementation.