Addressing Hormone Imbalance
A hormone imbalance occurs when there are insufficient or excess hormones in the body. Because hormones are chemical messages, have them be slightly off can pose a big problem.
Hormones are produced by glands and then travel through the blood to their organ destination where they deliver a message for a specific function. Hormones regulate an endless amount of functions in the body so it’s important to make sure if there is an imbalance, it’s appropriately identified and addressed. Of course, the symptoms of hormone imbalance will vary depending on which hormones are imbalanced.
What can cause hormone imbalance?
- Chronic Stress of Extreme Stress
- Being overweight
- Having an under or over active thyroid gland
- Poor diet and nutrient deficiencies
- Mycotoxin Exposure
- Exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals
- Eating disorders
- Iodine deficiency
- Cancer or tumor on an endocrine gland
- Thyroid nodules
- so much more!
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance:
- Changes in weight (weight gain or weight loss)
- Hair loss or hair thinning
- Dry skin
- Vaginal dryness, decreased sex drive
- Changes in sleep, sleep disturbance, chronic fatigue
- Irritability, anxious, depressive other mood changes
- Difficulty getting pregnant or staying pregnant
- Breast tenderness
- Change in ability to tolerate heat or cold
- Excessive thirst
- Frequent urination
- Acne along the jaw line
- Hot flashes
- Loss of muscle mass
- Infertility, inability to retain pregnancy
- Gynecomastia (sometimes referred to as “man boobs”)
- Breast tenderness
Common Hormone Imbalance Disorders:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid disorders such as Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto’s, Graves’ disease
- Cushing’s Syndrome
- Addison’s disease
- Primary Ovary Insufficiency
- Functional and Standard Labs
- Chinese Herbals
- Lifestyle Modification
- Diet changes
Healing with Us:
Too often does medicine fail women and men with hormone imbalance. They’ll say “they’re hormonal” and write them off or they’ll say “it’s common!” without differentiating that common does not mean normal.
Not at Balanced Healing of Jacksonville! Instead, I create a treatment plan for hormone imbalance depending on what hormone imbalance you have and what caused it. I use both functional labs and standard labs to get a clear picture of how your body is struggling before putting together a plan to heal. This may include working with your PCP to support you with medications if necessary (hormone imbalances can often be reversed without medication) and/or it may include supplementation, Chinese herbals, lifestyle modification, diet changes, and acupuncture.
Contact us today to set up your initial consultation with Balanced Healing of Jacksonville!