Addressing Chronic Fatigue
What is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a complex condition that is characterized by extreme fatigue, unexplained by an underlying medical condition, that does not improve with rest. This fatigue is worsened by physical and/or mental exertion but no matter how much sleep you get you’re still exhausted.
Chronic fatigue can come in waves, you may go through a six month period of being flat-out exhausted and unable to function, then suddenly start to feel better, only to dip again.
What Causes it?
Chronic fatigue is on the rise and there are many things that can cause it.
- A weakened immune system
- Stealth pathogens such as viruses, reactivated EBV and lyme
- Mycotoxin illness and mold exposure
- Hormone imbalance (link to new hormone page)
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Poor gut health
- HPA axis dysfunction, michochondrial dysfunction
- Food sensitivities
Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome:
- Feeling constantly exhausted
- Feeling unrefreshed after a full night’s sleep
- Brain fog, difficulty concentrating, ‘spacing out’ often
- Loss of memory or difficulty with word-recall when speaking
- Other symptoms can include: chronic sore throat, muscle aches, always feeling like you’re on the verge of coming down with a cold or ‘fighting something’
We wish it was as simple as us telling you to sleep more and worry less, but sometimes all the sleep in the world makes no difference. That’s where we come in. At Balanced Healing of Jacksonville we are able to deep dive into your chronic fatigue to determine what’s causing it so we can heal it.
How healing is DIFFERENT at Balanced Healing:
We may use functional labs, diet and lifestyle modification, supplementation, and other modalities such as acupuncture to support you. The first step to recovering from chronic fatigue is to determine why you have it to begin with. We do this by also determining what you don’t have.
When it comes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, healing is possible. The key you to work with a skilled practitioner, like us, who is experienced with addressing Chronic Fatigue. We will be able to put together an individualized protocol to help you reach your health goals, allowing you to regain your energy and live the life you desire.